IKEA Telde Gran Canaria

Discussion in 'Gran Canaria Shopping' started by Gran Canaria Blog, May 11, 2012.

1. [IMG]IKEA in Gran Canaria is located in the Telde area of the island. There you can buy many modern style flat pack furnishings, sofas, textiles and kitchens. There is also an opportunidades area outside where you can find cheap IKEA items, plus it’s the pick up area for larger items.
    There is a cafe near to the entrance, which does the usual IKEA snacks such as hotdogs and muffins, plus a restaurant inside where you can get a hot meal such as the ever popular IKEA meatballs.
    The food shop near the exit stocks all the IKEA treats, biscuits and frozen foods.
    A second IKEA store is being constructed in the Alcampo area of Gran Canaria, as part of a 25 million euro investment and is said to be ready for completion sometime in 2012.
    Telephone: 902 777 777

Continue reading...
  2. If you are a fan of IKEA hotdogs, you can enjoy a free one in store with every purchase from 12th-19th May!
  3. Yesterday IKEA were giving away free ice-lollies with each purchase - they are really getting into their marketing lately. I only bought some food bag clips, but I did enjoy a plate of meatballs (with chunky chips and gravy :p ) too so in the end I was too full to eat an ice-lolly, but it's the thought that counts. :D
  4. Drove past the new IKEA today and it looks like it could be nearly ready! The classic blue and yellow IKEA colours are done on the outside although no sign but the windows are in.
  5. Miss Norway Active Member

Where is this?
  6. A second IKEA store is being constructed in the Alcampo area (Telde) of Gran Canaria, as part of a 25 million euro investment and is said to be ready for completion sometime in 2012.
  7. Miss Norway Active Member

This sounds exciting. :)
  8. I actually can't wait either, I'm an IKEA fan! :D Apparently there is going to be plenty of car parking in the new IKEA, which is a bit of a problem in the other IKEA.
  9. Miss Norway Active Member

Havent been on the old one, since we dont use to rent a car when staying on Gran Canaria. Ikea have to be a must for those who are buying a holidayapartment there and are going to buy furniture.
    Gran Canaria Blog likes this.
  10. This week IKEA have been running an advert on Canarian television announcing the opening of the new IKEA in Gran Canaria, which, if you have driven past, you will see it's huge!

The new, bigger IKEA is on the carpark of Alcampo in Telde (Parque Comercial La Estrella in La Mareta)

[IMG]

The official opening day is Tuesday 31st July at 10am, which I'm sure is going to be a very busy day as shop openings are very popular on the island.

[IMG]

Continue Reading in grancanariablog.com ..
  11. I finally checked out the new IKEA and it's amazing, also have a few photos, will add a little review to Gran Canaria Blog.