Puerto Rico Street Party 2013 - Gran Canaria

Discussion in 'Gran Canaria Events' started by Gran Canaria Blog, May 18, 2013.

1. It's always fiesta time here in Gran Canaria and one street party that I'm looking forward to is Puerto Rico's 'Fiestas Maria Auxiliadora' celebrations. The party will take place in the Motor Grande area of the resort, but the Romeria part passes through the main road past the Shopping Center Puerto Rico, in which you will see participants in traditional dress.

This year there was no proper program and poster released so I'm piecing this together from a release in Mogan's website which you can read in Spanish here.

[IMG]Saturday 18th May 2013
    19:00h - Romeria procession starting from McDonalds in Puerto Rico and continuing up the main street next to the Shopping Center and up to Motor Grande. (Motor Grande is on the same road as the Shopping Center in Puerto Rico, past the Petrol Station and is a flat walk which should take about 15 minutes from the center)

(Click here to see photos from last year's Romería procession)

Sunday 19th May 2013
    15:00h - Foam Party
    20:30h - Concert from Banda Municipal de la Escuela Municipal de Música y Danza

The week will then be filled with activities such as bouncy castles, films, traditional games, videgame contests and various events in the Motor Grande area.

Friday 24th May 2013
    Evening - Verbena Party all night fiesta and music

Saturday 25th May 2013
    Evening - Verbena Party all night fiesta and music followed by fireworks exhibition

Sunday 26th May 2013
    18:00h - Religious acts and mass with procession
    followed by a concert of traditional Canarian folklore music

There will be chiringuitos (pop up restaurants and bars) in the area with plenty of music and entertainment over the next week, so if you are in the area then why not soak up some of the Canarian culture and mingle with the locals.

[IMG]
    Do you enjoy my blog posts? Love finding out about Gran Canaria and all of it's secrets? Then follow Gran Canaria Blog on the internet! <3
    FACEBOOK | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | GALLERY | FORUM

Continue Reading in grancanariablog.com ..
    Miss Norway likes this.